Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Capital Punishment

Conservatives believe in capital punishment. They think "do the crime, do the time". If you are willing to commit a murder, you have to accept the consequences, and for murder, that is death. Liberals are against capital punishment because there are other options. Being executed is basically taking the easy way out and escaping the guilt. The person should have to live with the guilt and they can also become better people in jail and think about what they did.
I am against the death penalty. I think that killing the murderer won't bring the person back, and in my opinion, being executed is an escape. I think that the person should suffer in jail for his/her whole life. Even though it is suffering to await your own death, it is worse to be in jail for life. I think the person should be in jail to reflect on what they did, even if they are happy with what they did, I think after years and years in prison they will start to feel guilty, and definitely bored and they will suffer in jail.

I think the presentation today went really well and we had a long discussion, which was good.

No comments: